Tuesday 15 January 2019

Checklist update 2019


My first Checklist update for 2019 starts the year with 61 species. This list for the first half of January includes a few stayover rarities and a bird I missed last year, Killdeer (Charadrius vociferous). I added a few more color-coded keys to better decipher the list at a glance, highlighting rare birds in Blue font color, mega-rare birds in Purple and my Lifers will remain Dark Red.  I am looking forward to an exciting year of birding you can follow my progress here.

Here are a few images of some of the bird on this checklist.

55.  Glossy Ibis - Plegadis falcinellus

61.  Killdeer - Charadrius vociferus

51.  American Coot - Fulica americana

42.  Gray Heron - Ardea cinerea

52.  Eurasian Spoonbill - Platalea leucorodia

17.  Blue-winged Teal - Spatula discors

46.  Laughing Gull - Leucophaeus atricilla (rare for this time of year)

50.  Pied-billed Grebe - Podilymbus podiceps

40.  American Wigeon - Mareca americana

No comments:

Post a Comment